Dr. Aby Koshyadmin
Dr. Aby Koshy
Consultant, Gyneacology and assisted reproduction
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
A gynaecologist specialising in Infertility, Dr. Aby Koshy is an expert in his field. An alumnus of the prestigious Government Medical College, Kottayam and Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. He secured the first rank in the University of Pune and went on to clear the membership examination (MRCOG) of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom, in the first attempt. After securing advanced training in Reproductive Medicine at London, he has served at various hospitals in Kerala and also at Homerton University Hospital, London, where the annual IVF workload exceeds 1,200 cycles. Having published 12 papers in national and international journals, he has authored 7 chapters in different books and his research papers have been cited by 284 scientific publications. He is also an invited peer reviewer to 9 international and national journals.
MBBS, MS, DNB, MRCOG (UK)
Years of experience:
- Paul’s Hospital, Kochi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- KJK Hospital, Trivandrum
- Mother Hospital, Thrissur
- Harrogate District Hospital, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK
- Homerton University Hospital, London
- Hydramnios associated with fetal duodenal atresia. MJAFI 2005; 61: 387-8
- Multiple peritoneal parasitic myomas following laparoscopic myomectomy and morcellation. Fertility and Sterility 2006; 85(2): 492-3.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy: feasibility and safety – a retrospective study of 762 cases. Gynecological Surgery 2006; 3(2): 97-102.
- Lymphoma of the cervix, a case report with review of literature. Gynecological Surgery 2006; 3(3): 226-7
- Walthard cell nests on laparoscopy. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology 2006; 13: 499.
- Pregnancy outcomes following laparoscopic myomectomy and single layer myometrial closure. Human Reproduction 2006; 21(12): 3278–3281.
- Angiomyoma of the uterus: case report and review of literature. Gynecological Surgery 2008; 5:169-171]
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma mimicking a myoma. Fertility and Sterility 2009: 92: 1744-6
- Role of laparohysteroscopy in women with normal pelvic imaging and failed ovulation stimulation with intrauterine insemination. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences 2010;3:20-4
- Endometrial carcinoma in a young subfertile woman with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences 2010;3:38-41
- Pregnancy prognosis in women with anti-Müllerian hormone below the tenth percentile. Gynecological Endocrinology 2013;29(7):662-665
- Seroprevalance of Rubella in an Urban Infertility Clinic - Observations and Challenges Ahead. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences 2018;11:384-7
- Genital tuberculosis in infertile women: study of aetiopathogenesis, clinical features and treatment modalities.
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
Awards and achievements:
- Gold Medallist. University of Pune.
- Late Smt. Rukhminabai alias Tai Kshirsagar Prize. University of Pune.
- Late Dr. Mrs. TriptaUmranikar (Diddee) Prize. University of Pune.
- Comprehensive evaluation of the infertility couple
- IUI – Intra uterine insemination
- IVF – In vitro fertilisation
- ICSI – Intra cytoplasmic sperm injection
- Sperm and egg donation
- Cryopreservation of gametes and embryos
- Sperm retrieval by TESA and PESA
- Fertility enhancing surgeries