Dr. Praveen Kumar P.admin
Dr. Praveen Kumar P.
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
Dr. Praveen Kumar P. is a native of Kannur who did his MBBS course from Calicut Govt. Medical College from 1983 to 1989. With ample government service experience as ESI Medical officer in Kuthuparamba Government ESI Dispensary and as assistant surgeon in PHC Vengad, he is an active participant in the programmes conducted by IMA, in which he has been an executive member. While attending state and national level conferences, medical camps and programmes like pulse polio, RCH, National Filaria eradication programme etc, he underwent a training programme under the National AIDS Control Organization to become a certified physician counselor of AIDS. A trained National Reproductive and Child Health Programme officer, he also underwent training in the government’s RNTCP (Tuberculosis) Programme and Leprosy, Disability and Blindness etc. After completing a two-year PG diploma in Diabetology in 2008, he served as a resident in Endocrinology and Podiatry at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. Apart from taking clinical and theory classes in Diabetes for MBBS students and MSC Diabetes Science students of Amrita, Dr Praveen has participated in various medical and diabetic camps conducted by AIMS.
- MBBS, PG Diploma in Diabetology
Years of experience:
- ESI Medical officer, Govt. ESI Dispensary, Kuthuparamba
- Assistant Surgeon, PHC Vengad, Kannur
- Resident, Endocrinology and Podiatry Dept, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- Consultant Diabetologist, Madonna Hospital, Angamaly
- Project on how Diabetes is related to Low HDL and its prevalence in Diabetes and its relation with CAD
- Participated in various Diabetes and Diabetic Foot state and National conferences.
- Trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Trained in Infection control programme.
- National AIDS Control Organization training programme
- National Reproductive and Child Health training programme
- RNTCP (Tuberculosis) training programme
- Member of the IMA
- Member of RSSDI (Research Society for Study of Diabetes India)
- Member of Endocrine Society
- Type 1 Diabetes Management
- Insulin Pump
- Gestational Diabetes
- Published articles related to Diabetes in Amrita Diabetes Welfare Association Magazine