Dr. Beula Ann Varugheseadmin
Dr. Beula Ann Varughese
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
Dr Beula is a paediatric gastroenterologist whose primary area of expertise includes digestive and nutritional issues in children. After securing her Masters degree in Paediatrics from Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvalla, she served at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, as a clinical fellow in Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatolgy from 2016 to 2019. Keen on working among children, she treats abdominal pain, inflammatory bowel diseases, constipation, poor weight gain and other gastrointestinal disorders. As a member of the paediatric liver transplantation team at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, her areas of interest cover liver problems in kids too.
- MBBS, Paediatrics (MD), Fellowship in Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology (AIMS)
- Junior Resident, Department of Paediatrics, Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvalla
- Advanced training in Upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy for paediatric gastrointestinal conditions, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Part of paediatric liver transplantation team, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Principal Investigator: Role of EEG in children with Cerebral palsy, a prospective trial
- Co investigator: Epidemiological factors affecting anaemia; Prevalence among rural adolescence in south India, Pushpagiri Journal of Medicine, 2010
- Oral Presentation - 42nd Kerala state conference of IAP (October 2013) – PG Dissertation
- Case Presentation - IAP Pathanamthitta district meet (June 2014) - Acute Haemorrhagic myelitis
- Indian Association of Paediatrics
- Indian Medical Association
- Upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy for paediatric gastrointestinal conditions
- Management of digestive disorders, gastrointestinal diseases and liver problems in children.
- Pancreatitis and Inflammatory bowel disease
- Management of progressive liver conditions and acute liver failure patients needing liver transplantation