Dr. Ranjini Raghavanadmin
Dr. Ranjini Raghavan
Consultant ENT Surgeon
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
Dr. Ranjini Raghavan, who has over two and a half decades of experience in treating sleep disorders, has been a senior consultant ENT surgeon at Sunrise Group of Hospitals since 2011. As the head of the Department of ENT she has developed the department offering best quality of care, conducting regular workshops and awareness programmes on sleep apnoea. Having performed more than 500 multilevel surgical corrections of sleep apnoea as well as assessment of the condition, she treats an average of 35 to 40 patients from across the world, every day.
- Training in sleep surgery from Dr. Paul Mok (HOD Dept of ENT) from Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore
- Mini Sleep Apnea fellowship, Singapore,2010, from ASEAN Sleep Surgical Society.
Years of experience
- Consultant ENT surgeon - Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore
- Associate Professor in Dept of ENT-Terna Medical College & Research Centre, Navi Mumbai
- Assistant Professor in Dept of ENT - Kochi Cooperative Medical College
- Consultant - National Hospital & Chest Hospital, Calicut
- Studies being done on QoL improvement after sleep surgery, impact of surgical correction on Acanthosis Nigricans in sleep apnea patients
Conferences organized and attended
- Conducted training programmes for doctors on surgical techniques for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea at Sunrise Hospital, Kochi in April and May 2019
- Faculty for IASSACON2019 at PGI Chandigarh in March 2019
- Faculty for SOUTHKCON2018 at Mandya,Karnataka, in October 2018
- Helmed OSACON 2018, a two-day workshop on sleep apnoea with hands-on provided on fresh frozen cadavers, on June 30th and July 1st in Kochi
- Faculty for IASSACON2018 at Pondicherry.Performed surgeries and delivered talks
- Faculty for workshops in Hyderabad and Delhi for surgical treatment of sleep apnoea in 2018
- Conducted regular training programmes for surgical treatment of sleep apnoea at Sunrise Hospital in 2017
- IAOHNS 2017- Faculty and part of panel discussions also.
- IASSACON2017 – Conducted live surgeries and also delivered talks
- IAOHNS2016- Faculty and was part of preconference workshop
- IASSACON2016 – Delivered talks on sleep apnoea at Mumbai.
- AOICON 2016 - Faculty on sleep apnoea. Delivered lectures on sleep apnoea
- OSACON 2015 - Organized and conducted the first workshop with hands on training on fresh frozen cadavers in sleep apnoea in INDIA. Was attended by about 75 delegates. Was held at Sunrise Hospital, Kochi. Had lectures and surgical videos also.
- Bangladesh 2015 - Was a faculty for the first workshop on sleep in Bangladesh. Performed surgeries and conducted lectures also. Workshop attended by about 125 delegates
- Delhi & Chennai 2015 - As faculty for workshops on sleep apnoea at Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi and at KKR ENT Research Centre, Chennai. Performed live surgeries and also lectures on various aspects of sleep apnoea. Workshops attended by about 100 delegates at each place.
- IASSACON 2015 - Delivered lectures on sleep apnoea at Hyderabad. Attended by about 300 doctors and post graduates.
- Hyderabad 2015 - Invited as faculty for workshop in Government Hospital.Demonstrated sleep surgeries and also delivered lectures on sleep apnoea. Attended by about 65 consultants and post graduate students
- Bangalore 2015 - Invited as faculty in St. John’s Hospital. Delivered lectures on assessment and surgical management of sleep apnoea. Attended by about 45 doctors as well as post graduate students.
- Mumbai 2014 - Invited as faculty for workshop on sleep apnoea at Asian Heart Institute. Attended by about 65 doctors
- Singapore 2014- Was invited as international faculty for the sleep apnoea workshop at Singapore General Hospital. Delivered lectures and showed surgical videos. Also demonstrated surgeries on frozen cadavers. Workshop attended by about 100 delegates from all over the world.
- IASSACON 2014 - Performed surgeries as well as delivered lectures on sleep apnoea at the national conference for sleep apnoea surgeons. Attended by about 200 delegates
- Hyderabad 2014 - Invited as faculty for sleep workshop at Yashoda Hospital. Delivered lectures on all aspects of sleep apnoea. Attended by about 100 consultants and post graduate students
- Delhi 2014 - Invited as faculty to deliver lectures on sleep apnoea. Attended by about 45 doctors from north India.
- OSACON 2013- Organized and conducted the first combined surgical workshop as well as hands on training on animal model for sleep apnoea at Sunrise Hospital, Kochi. Attended by about 250 national and international delegates. Had both national and international faculty.
- Kochi and Mumbai 2010 - Was part of the faculty for the first live surgical workshops on sleep apnoea in India at Kochi and Mumbai. Delivered lectures as well as performed surgeries.
- Surgical correction for snoring
- Surgical and non surgical Correction of sleep apnoea
- Nasal surgeries – FESS Septoplasty
- Tympanectomy, Mastoidectomy
- Tonsillectomy adenoidectomy (coblation assisted)
- Mesolaryngeal surgeries.