Dr. Hafeez Rahman P.A.admin
Dr. Hafeez Rahman P.A.
Consultant Gynaecologist & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
Dr. Hafeez Rahman is a Consultant Gynaecologist & Laparoscopic Surgeon and the Head of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Sunrise Hospital since October 2005, performed highest number of laparoscopic surgeries i.e. more than 120,000 laparoscopic surgeries. Moreover, he performed first laparoscopic cancer surgery in UAE, Bangladesh and laparoscopic radical surgery in Sri Lanka and he has successfully performed over 35,000 laparoscopic hysterectomies (TLH) so far. He is often invited by the governments and private institutions of UAE, Bangladesh, Malaysia, South Africa and Sri Lanka for laparoscopic surgical procedures and has trained and assisted numerous gynaecologists across the world in laparoscopic procedures.
Years of experience
- Sr. Consultant Gynecologist& Laparoscopic Surgeon - PVS Memorial Hospital (March 1993-December 1995)
- Consultant Gynecologist& Laparoscopic Surgeon –Cochin Hospital, Kochi (December 1995-May 2005)
- Sr. Consultant Gynecologist& Laparoscopic Surgeon - Sunrise Hospital (October 2005 to till date)
- Director, Center for Advanced Gynec Endoscopy
- Several International Publications
- Several chapters in medical books on Laparoscopy
- Vice President, IMAGES
- Hon. Joint Secretary, FOGSI (Federation of Obstetric & Gynecological Societies of India).
- Chairman, FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrics & GynecologicalSocieties of India)
- Vice President, Indian Society of Minimal Access & Gynecological Societies of India
- Chairman, Young Talent Promotion Committee [FOGSI)
- Hon. Secretary, Indian Faculty of Endosonography and Endoscopy
Awards and achievements
- Recipient of numerous awards including the World Medical Council Award, Shan Ratnam Award - AOFOG, Singapore and Masters Award in Endoscopic Surgery etc.
- Conducted the largest series of laparoscopic surgeries (more than 1,20,000 surgeries) in the world.
- Conducted the largest series of Laparoscopic Hysterectomies (35,000) in the world.
- Credited with the removal of the largest uterus in the world (4.9kg weight).
- Conducted the first total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in UAE at Zulekha Hospital.
- Conducted the first Laparoscopic cancer surgery in UAE at the Ministry Hospital at Alwasal.
- Conducted the first Laparoscopic surgery for ovarian cancer at Welcare Hospital, UAE.
- Conducted the first successful laparoscopic tubal recanalization with pregnancy in UAE at Medcare Hospital.
- Conducted the first Laparoscopic cancer surgery in Bangladesh in Birden Hospital.
- Conducted the first Laparoscopic Radical Surgery in Sri Lanka.
- Conducted the first Urinary fistula surgery Laparoscopically in India.
- Conducted the first successful documented procedure of Amniopatch in India for preterm premature rupture of membranes.
- Conducted the first laparoscopic ureteric implantation into bladder in south India.
- Conducted the world’s second Laparoscopic correction of acute postpartum uterine inversion.
- Conducted fetoscopy for the first time in India.
- Conducted the largest number of laparoscopic BurschColposuspensions in India.
- Credited with the Removal of the largest fibroid in UAE laparoscopically at Medcare Hospital.
- Conducted 230 International workshops (seminars and conferences) in Gynec endoscopy as faculty.
- Trained more than 3500 gynecologists across the Globe in the art of Laparoscopic surgery.
Pioneer in the Country
- Laparoscopic Total recanalisation
- Total Laparoscopic pelvic lymphadenectomy
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Radical pelvic surgeries
- Pelvic floor repair surgeries
Has devised own method
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Vaginal Myomectomy
- Vaginal uterine suturing
- Uterine inversion correction
- Laproscopic cervical encirclage
- High risk obstetrics
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for adenomyosis
- TVT for stress urinary incontinence
- Infertility treatment
- Sling surgeries
- Vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy
- Mesh repair