Dr. M.G. Joyadmin
Dr. M.G. Joy
Senior Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
An expert in his field with more than 1,200 neonatal surgeries and 800 paediatric laparoscopic/endoscopic procedures to his credit, Dr. M.G. Joy began his career over two decades ago as an MS trainee at the Department of general surgery of Government Medical College,Trivandrum, where he acquired training in all common general surgical conditions performed most elective and emergency operations. Later, he joined Dharmagiri Hospital, Kothamangalam, as Junior Consultant in General Surgery, where he was joint charge of the surgery department and performed both minor as well as major elective and emergency operations independently. He was also involved in burns care. He later served as consultant in General Surgery at Santhi Hospital, Kozhikode, and Registrar (MCh trainee) in Department of Paediatric surgery, Government Medical College, Kozhikode, where he acquired training in all common minor and major paediatric and neonatal surgical conditions and performed surgeries including basic paediatric urology and endoscopy, managed paediatric trauma including paediatricorthopaedics and neurosurgery for depressed fractures and intracranial hematomas. From 1997 to 2003, he was consultant at Modern Hospital,Kodungallur.From 1997 to 1999, he has been the secretary of the Kodungallur branch of the Indian Medical Association. At AIMS, Kochi, where he was Assistant Professor for two years, he supervised the training of the paediatric surgical and general surgical registrars and was involved in the teaching of the medical and nursing students. As a consultant at PVSM Hospital & Ernakulam Medical Centre, Kochi, from 2005 to 2019, he managed routinely performed all types of paediatric and neonatal surgeries including endoscopic procedures and laparoscopic surgeries.
- MBBS, MS, M.Ch (PaediatricSurgery)
Years of Experience
- Postgraduate Registrar (MS trainee), Department of general surgery, Government Medical College, Trivandrum.
- Junior Consultant in General Surgery - Dharmagiri Hospital, Kothamangalam.
- Consultant in General Surgery - Santhi Hospital, Kozhikode
- Registrar (MCh trainee) - Government Medical College, Kozhikode
- Consultant, Department of Paediatric surgery - Modern Hospital, Kodungallur
- Assistant Professor, Department of paediatric surgery - Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Consultant, Department of Paediatric Surgery - PVSM Hospital, Kochi.
- Consultant, Department of Paediatric Surgery - Ernakulam Medical Centre, Kochi.
- Acute scrotum in children- (Author) Journal of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons. Vol. 2, 1997; p21-25.
- Bilateral communicating intralobar pulmonary sequestration. (Author) Indian paediatrics.Vol. 42,July 2005;p 729-730
- A Simple and safe technique for pneumatic reduction for intussusception. (Co-author) Asian Journal of Surgery.Vol.29 July 2006;p170-172
- Thyroiditis; and its association with other Thyroid pathology. Association of Surgeons of India, Kerala state conference, 1992.
- McKusick Kauffman syndrome - case report. Poster presentation. IAPS National conference, 2004.
- CAH - Our experience. IAPS Kerala state conference, 2005.
- Indian Medical Association – Life member.
- Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons – Life member.
- IMA Academy of Medical Specialties – Life member.
Awards and achievements
- Faculty - South zone hernia conference,Kochi,2012
- Chairperson - IAPS Kerala state conference 2018
- Neonatal Surgery