Dr. Mahesh K. Nairadmin
Dr. Mahesh K. Nair
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
A Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon at Sunrise, Dr. Mahesh’s work includes aesthetic mandibular reconstruction, oncoplastic surgery, craniofacial surgery, facial trauma reconstruction, microvascular, hand surgery, aesthetic surgery (facial aesthetic, rhinoplasty, otoplasty and liposculturing), cleft lip and palate repairs and hair restoration. His scope of work includes preoperative workup of patients, performing minor and major cases, assisting supramajor procedures and comprehensive post operative care of patients. He has hands on experience of microvascular free flap reconstruction for head and neck onco-reconstruction as well as complex free tissue transfer for extremity reconstruction post malignancy/trauma such as Free fibula, radial forearm flaps, ALT, DIEP transfers (Breast reconstruction). He has organised large scale scientific workshops (eg: Ear reconstruction workshop, flap dissection course) and conferences (APSICON 2013, Indian National Plastic Surgery Conference), and has successfully completed Aesthetic Surgical fellowship with hands on training in fields like facelift (surgical and non surgical), body contouring (liposculpturing) and breast surgeries (Implant augmentation/Reduction/Mastopexy) with Dr Javier de Benito, Barcelona, Spain in summer 2016.
- M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery), Fellow DAFPRS, Belgium, Fellow FIdB, Spain, Fellow UZ Gent, Belgium
Years of experience
- Post MBBS Internship - Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Post Graduate Residency in General Surgery - B.Y.L.Nair Ch. Hospital and TNMC, Mumbai.
- Super-speciality training and Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - B.Y.L.Nair Ch. Hospital and TNMC, Mumbai.
- Super-speciality Medical Officer (Assistant Professor/ Lecturer) - B.Y.L. Nair Ch. Hospital and TNMC, Mumbai
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
- Kairali Plastic Surgeon’s Association (KPSA)
- Aesthetic Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS)
- Travancore Cochin Medical Councils
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (DAFPRS)
- Instituto de Benito (IdB)
- Indian Association of Aesthetics Plastic Surgeons
- Indian Medical Association
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Indian Professional Association for transgender health
- BRASA - Breast Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons' Association
- UZ Gent, Belgium
Awards and achievements
- Have successfully completed the prestigious DAFPRS (Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons) Fellowship programme in summer 2017 in Ghent, Belgium under Dr. Patrick Tonnard and Dr. Alexis Verpaele, pioneers of the MACS – Lift (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) technique of facelift which is time tested, minimally invasive technique, with long lasting result.
- Operation Restore: Burns surgical camp conducted by the National Burns Institute, Airoli, Mumbai.
- The Walavalkar Institute, Dervan, Chiplun where he worked along with the British surgeons for reconstructive surgeries like cleft lip/palate, burns, limb defects, etc.
- Completed fellowship at University of Gent, with Dr. Stanislas Monstrey (Past President of WPATH and pioneer of transgender surgeries) and Dr. Filip Stillaert, for a prestigious fellowship in advanced Transgender Surgeries and other microvascular procedures from breast reconstruction.
- Completed fellowship at Instituto de Benito, Spain, with the famous, Dr. Javier de Benito and his team, Dr. Oreztes and Dr. Garcia, with whom Dr. Nair mastered body contouring, lipo-sculpturing, facelifts, breast surgeries (augmentation, reduction, mastopexy), buttock augmentation (implant/fat), rhinoplasty and many more.
- Organised national/international level conferences like APSICON and AESURG.
- Face lift
- Facialmicro/nanofat grafting
- Facial rejuvenation
- Breasts augmentation, reduction, mastopexy, lipofilling
- Body contouring (liposculpturing)
- Hair restoration
- Non-surgical aesthetic procedures (Botox/Fillers)
- Post onco-surgical breast reconstruction with microvascular free tissue transfer (DIEP)