Dr. Joby Augustineadmin
Dr. Joby Augustine
Sunrise Group of Hospitals, Kochi
0484 4160000 / 0484 2660000
Dr. Joby Augustine has been a consultant gastroenterologist with Sunrise since June 2017. His areas of interest are Luminal Gastroenterology, Drug induced Liver diseases, Chronic pancreatitis and advanced endoscopy. His endoscopy skills cover diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI & lower GI endoscopy, single balloon and double balloon enteroscopy, capsule endoscopy, therapeutic ERCP, spy glass, biliary stenting, diagnostic endoscopic ultrasound, high-resolution manometry and biofeedback training.
Years of experience
- Assistant Professor,Department of Gastroenterology - CMC Vellore - 2011- 2013.
- Consultant Gastroenterologist - Caritas Hospital, Kottayam - 2013- 2014
- Consultant Gastroenterologist - Aster Medcity 2014- 2017
- Consultant Gastroenterologist - Sunrise Hospital, Kochi - Since June 2017
- Correlation between coinfection with parasites, cytomegalovirus, andClostridium difficile and disease severity in patients with ulcerative colitis, · Venkatakrishnan H. Iyer, Joby Augustine, Anna B. Pulimood, Sitara Swarna Rao Ajjampur,Balakrishnan S. Ramakrishna.Indian Journal of Gastroenterology Feb 2013
- Oral presentation in International Association of Pancreas Conference (2011)on ‘Chronic pancreatitis in India , Is it different from the West?’
- Life member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology and Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India
Awards and achievements
- Participated in the Basic Course workshop in Medical Education Technologies conducted by Medical Council of India.
- Biostatistics course conducted by Department of Biostatistics , CMC Vellore.
- Luminal Gastroenterology
- Drug induced Liver diseases
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Advanced endoscopy
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Upper GI & Lower GI endoscopy
- Single Balloon and Double Balloon enteroscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Therapeutic ERCP
- Spy glass, Biliary stenting
- Diagnostic Endoscopic Ultrasound
- High Resolution Manometry and Biofeedback training