Department of Maxillofacial Surgery
Man is a complex being. Personal appearance, beauty and synchronicity are found to play a vital role on his behavior and personality. Statistics show that Dento-facial deformities resulting from birth defects, diseases, accidents or trauma often cause serious behavioral changes resulting in lowered self esteem, lowered self confidence, depression etc. and generally affect all aspects of one's life.
With Maxillofacial surgeries, different forms of deformities in relation to the head, neck, face, jaw, hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region are surgically rectifiable and the resultant transformation can have a tremendous positive impact on the patient's psyche.
Sunrise Hospital has a full-fledged Maxillofacial Surgery Unit complete with highly trained doctors and surgeons from Oral, Dental, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery divisions, and a team of proficient, well-trained nursing staff. Our track record in this particular field is exemplary.
There are cases of girls and boys with dental and facial deformities, who have found that even simple corrections to their facial appearances could change the course of their life for the better and become more acceptable in their own estimation.
Similar are the cases of young men and women with protruding jaws, protruding teeth or bulging eyes. Tormented by their appearances, they are often apprehensive in facing the world even to make their own living. After undergoing corrective procedures it is found that an entirely new personality, hidden within them, asserts itself and the transformation to his or her life that results can transcend normal human comprehension. Such is the impact of change that can alter a person's life with Maxillofacial Surgery.
Treatments and Procedures
Surgical procedures and Treatments performed on the mouth, jaws, neck, face, skull, include,
To remove impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or preprosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures, or other dental prostheses.
Diagnosis and treatment of the following
- Benign Pathology -Removal of cysts, tumors etc.
- Malignant Pathology - Ablative and reconstructive surgery, microsurgery of Oral, head and neck cancer.
- Cutaneous Malignancy -skin cancer, Lip Reconstruction.
- Congenital Craniofacial Malformations - Craniofacial Surgery of
- cleft lip.
- cranial vault malformations such as craniosynostosis.
- Chronic Facial Pain Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorders.
- Dysgnathia (incorrect bite), Orthognathic (straight bite), Reconstructive Surgery, Orthognathic Surgery, Maxillomandibular Advancement, Surgical correction of facial asymmetry.
- Hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial region (jaw fractures, cheek bone fractures, nasal fractures, LeFort fracture, skull fractures and eye socket fractures.
- Splint and surgical treatment of sleep apnea, maxillomandibular advancement, genioplasty (in conjunction with sleep labs or physicians).
- Surgery to insert osseo-integrated (bone fused) dental implants and Maxillofacial implants for attaching craniofacial prostheses and bone anchored hearing aids.
- Cosmetic surgery limited to the head and neck (rhytidectomy/facelift, browlift, blepharoplasty/Asian blepharoplasty, otoplasty, rhinoplasty, septoplasty, cheek augmentation, chin augmentation, genioplasty, oculoplastics, neck liposuction, lip enhancement, injectable cosmetic treatments, botox, chemical peel etc.).
Thus facilities offered by us in brief are as follows,
- Maxillofacial Trauma Unit with Multidisciplinary Support
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer (Focus on oral cancer) Surgery
- Implantology & Oral Rehabilitation
- Free Flaps for Oro-facial Reconstruction
- Hair Transplantation for post- traumatic facial hair loss
- All other minor oral surgeries
Our Sterilization Protocol
We at Sunrise Hospital follow stringent infection control measures including disinfection and sterilization processes for each and every patient to prevent transmission of the AIDS Virus and other infectious diseases. Our hospital infection control committee meets periodically and is involved with maintenance of standards of infection-control. Sunrise Hospital was recognized by SAFE-I as one of the safest hospitals in the region. Staff use appropriate protective garb such as gloves and masks that are renewed between patients. Materials like needles, syringes, glasses, patient drapes, etc. are all disposed off after single usage.
For non-disposable instruments we follow a stringent sterilization protocol.