Department of Nephrology
Nephrology focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the Kidney, including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension. Renal replacement therapy including dialysis and renal transplant are also carried out by Nephrologists. Many systemic disorders that affect Kidneys like Vasculitis and auto-immune diseases like lupus are also treated in this department.
Dr. Bibin Johny
We deal with all kinds of Kidney disorders include,
- Acid-base disorders
- Electrolyte disorders
- Nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
- Acute kidney disease
- End-stage renal disease
- Glomerular Diseases
Conditions requiring a Nephrologist,
- Acute renal failure, a sudden loss of renal function
- Chronic kidney disease, declining renal function, usually with an inexorable rise in creatinine.
- Hematuria, blood loss in the urine
- Proteinuria, loss of protein especially albumin in the urine
- Kidney stones, usually only recurrent stone formers
- Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti-hypertensive medication or could have a secondary cause.
- Electrolyte disorders or acid/base imbalance.
- Diseases of the Bladder and prostate such as malignancy, stones, or obstruction of the urinary tract.
Equipments and Facilities
- Haemodialysis system and R O Plant
- ABG Machines
- CAPD Machines