Department of Pulmonology
Pulmonology is the medical speciality dealing with diagnosis and treatment of diseases of lungs or respiratory system. It deals with common diseases like allergy, asthma , bronchitis, lungs cancer etc. it also takes care of life threatening conditions like severe breathlessness, pneumothorax, massive hemoplysis, severe pneumonia etc.
Dr. Vineeth Alexander
MD (Pulmonary Medicine)
Our department of pulmonology at sunrise hospital is fully equipped to treat all types of pulmonology cases including emergencies like Acute severe Asthma, Adult respiratory distress syndrome , massive hemoptysis, pneumothorax etc. we have facilities to admit critically ill patients in intensive care units, with advanced invasive and non invasive ventilator facilities and monitors. Pulmonology OPD services is available on all days. Department is supported by interventional radiology , Thoracic surgery and critical care team to ensure specialised services.
- Comprehensive care for Allergy and Asthma patients.
- Allergy skin prick testing , serum testing to identify the allergens.
- Fibre optic bronchoscopy and interventional procedures.
- Interventional radiology facilities to take lung biopsies, guided pleural aspiration, pigtail drainage etc.
- Advanced respiratory critical care unit with facilities for invasive mechanical ventilation & non invasive ventilation
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Pulmonary rehabilitation clinic.
- Sleep lab to diagnose & treat obstructive sleep apnea.