Department of Urology and Andrology
Sunrise Hospital has a full-fledged ˜Stone Management Center equipped with shock wave and LASER Lithotripsy. Shock Wave Lithotripsy is a non-invasive procedure that uses shock waves to break stones in the Kidney, Ureter and the Urinary Bladder. The Uro-dynamic Lab evaluates proper functioning of storing and releasing of urine by the Bladder and Urethra.
The department is also centre of excellence in male health related problems like Erectile dysfunction, Fertility disorders and Hypogonadism. A fully functional IVF unit supports the department with most modern facilities for ICSI, Cryopreservation and embryo transfer. We try and adopt minimal invasive procedures wherever possible in order to give maximum postoperative comfort to our patients.
KIDNEY STONE SURGERY
- Laparoscopic & Open ureterolithotomy, Pyelolithotomy
- Anatrophic Nephrolithotomy
- PCN / PCNL/ ESWL/ RIRS
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Bladder Neck Incision (BNI)
- Monopolar TURP & Bipolar saline TURP
- Optical internal urethrotomy (OIU)
- End to End Urethral anastomosis
- Progressive Perineal urethroplasty
Buccal mucosal Graft
- Meatoplasty/ Meatotomy
- Perineal urethrostomy
- Emergency partial / Total nephrectomy
- Open/ Endoscopic Primary Realignment
- Psoas Hitch & Boari's Flap
- End to End Primary anastomosis
- Repair & Reconstruction
- Simple / Radical nephrectomy / partial nephrectomy
- TURBT/ BCG immunomodulatory therapy
- Total / partial penectomy + Perineal urethrostomy
- Radical cystectomy + ileal conduit urinary diversion
- Partial cystectomy
- Prostatectomy / Bilateral orchidectomy
- Medical & Surgical treatment of prostate Ca
- Pyeloplasty/Endo pyelotomy (Antegrade/Retrograde)
- Repair /cosmetic &functional reconstruction
- Endoscopic incision
- MEGAURETER Uretric reimplantation
- For Mixed, Stress & urge incontinence
- Diagnostic cystoscopic assesment
- TVT-O Repair
- Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy
- Testicular biopsy
- Treatment for male infertility
- LIVE DONOR NEPHRECTOMY
- RECEPIENT TRANSPLANTATION SURGERY
- CADAVER ORGAN TRANSPLANT SURGERY
- Open / Lap De- roofing
CHYLURIA (MILKY WHITE URINE)
- Betadine /Sclerosant Instillation
- Surgical treatment
- Vasectomy for elective male sterilisation
- TRUS/ USG screening/ prostrate biopsy
This involves performing operations through â€œKey-Holesâ€. Previously these operations needed large painful and ugly incisions with associated prolonged hospital stay and period away from work. Good cosmesis, less pain, quick recovery are attractive to the patient and at the same time excellent lighting and magnified vision are advantageous to the urologist.
LOWER TRACT ENDOUROLOGY
Access to the lower urinary system through the natural urinary passage is called endourology. This technique utilizes modern endoscopes and cameras through which urethral strictures, bladder stones, prostate enlargement(BPH treated by TURP) and bladder tumours can be treated with short hospital stay and minimal discomfort.
UPPER TRACT ENDOUROLOGY
Access to the ureter and kidney is also possible now either through the normal passage such as URS(Ureteroscopy) or RIRS(Retrograde intrarenal surgery with flexible ureteroscope and laser) or through a small â€œKey- holeâ€ through the skin called PCNL( percutaneous nephrolithotomy). This way once again small and large stones, tumors and other conditions in the upper urinary system can be treated with minimal pain and scar.
The Leakage of urine(urinary incontinence) is a condition that is very common all over the world . Unfortunately because of the shame and taboo associated with it very few women come forward for treatment. Excellent Urodynamic facilities and a dedicated team of female urologists and gynaecologists with a special interest in incontinence provide an excellent platform to help these unfortunate women. â€œKey-holeâ€ and minimal invasive surgery is offered for the same.
Well equipped with SIEMENS Fluoroscopy, GE Multidetector CT scan and PHILIPS MRI and HIFU.
- Micturating cystourethrogram (MCU)
- Retrograde Urethrogram (RGU)
- Intravenous Urography (IVU)
- Contrast CT Urography
- Multidetector CT Angiogram for Renal donor evaluation
- MR Urography
- MR Spectroscopy for Prostate Cancer
Renal transplantation services are currently in the preparatory phase. Dialysis, vascular access surgery (arteriovenous fistula creation), CAPD catheter insertion facilities are available. The necessary accreditation to commence renal transplantation is being sought as the hospital was commissioned only recently. A component blood bank and state of the art Renal transplant operation theatre and postoperative ICU will be commissioned shortly.
NEUROLOGY AND URODYNAMICS
- Cystometry with EMG.
- Surgical correction of incontinence in Females like TVT, TOT, Slings.
- Pelvic floor repair for Cystocele and bladder prolapse.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
Laparoscopic Urology procedures in the management of;
- Urological Cancers
- Kidney stones
- Congenital Kidney diseases
- Peyronnies Disease correction
- Congenital Curvature correction
- Corporotomy and closure of Penile fractures.
- Circumcision, Meatoplasty, Frenuloplasty
Surgical Management of Urinary tract stones (Endourology & Laparoscopy)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Laparoscopic Pyelolithotomy
- Ureterorenscopy (URS).
- Percutaneous Cystolitholapaxy (PCCL)
Surgical management of Genitourinary Trauma
- Renal parenchymal injuries
- Laparoscopic and open ureteral reimplantations, Ureterouretestomies.
- Progressive perineal repair.
- Penile fractures