Department of Diabetology
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes ,Podiatry and Metabolic Surgery,
Sunrise Institute of Medical Sciences, Kakkanad, Kochi..
Centre for Insulin Pump Installation .
Diabetology is a specialized field of endocrinology that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and management of Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes affects millions the world over, especially in Asia, and Asians worldwide. A Diabetologist treats and follows-up Diabetes through regulation of medication (dosage & timing) and diet. He also detects the potential complications of diabetes like retinopathy, nephropathy peripheral neuropathy and Diabetic foot ulcers very early there by preventing the morbidity and mortality of the patient.
At Sunrise Hospital, we have a full-fledged Diabetology Department catering to the varied needs of diabetics who need dedicated care and treatment. We have a sunrise Diabetic Care Programme which aims for the early detection of diabetic complications. We are doing diabetic- foot surgeries and peripheral angiogram and angioplasty and revascularization of the foot . Our latest, superbly equipped microbiology lab is functional 24 hours to conduct appropriate lab tests to monitor and meet individual needs. A panel of specialized doctors is also available round the clock to evaluate the patient and to give them specialised care.
Dr Praveen Kumar MBBS, PG.Dip (Diabetology)
The Diabetology team is led by Dr Praveen Kumar MBBS, PG.Dip (Diabetology), our consultant diabetologist. The team includes various doctors and specialists spanning different fields of medicine Dietitian , Physiotherapist along with proficient and well-trained nursing staff to bring you the very best in diabetic treatment and patient care.
- Diabetologist- Dr Praveenkumar.P
- Podiatry Surgeon
- Diabetic Educator
- Medical Social Worker
- Endovascular Therapy
- Endovascular surgery
- Comprehensive diabetic care at one roof
- Diabetic health package to detect all sort of Diabetic micro and macro vascular complications very early so that we can minimise the treatment expense and morbidity of the patient.
- Diabetic work up, podiatry, obesity clinic, endocrinology evaluation
- Treatment, follow up of the patient .
- Diabetic education by expert educator. Educating patient about insulin technique, Glucometer technique and complications of diabetes.
- Informing the patients regarding follow up visit and Health package etc
- Diabetic foot care and wound management.
- Footwear advices.
- Conducting regular camps at the hospital and periphery.
- Peripheral angiogram and angioplasty for the vascular compromised lower limbs.
- Plastic surgery for the foot patients.
- Insulin pump Installation centre for Type 1 diabetes patient and Insulin dependent type of Diabetes.
Diabetes is no longer a disability . By following the right Medication, Exercise, and Diet, Diabetes can be very easily brought under control Call us today