Medical Tourism in India
Tourism across international borders for the purpose of healthcare has come to be known as Medical Tourism and is gaining much acceptance in India, especially Kerala.
The factors that have contributed to this phenomenon worldwide are,
- High Cost of Health Care in the Western hemisphere
- Long waiting time for medical procedures in countries such as the US, UK, Europe and even Middle East countries.
- Convenience, speed and affordability of international travel
- Improvements in technology and health care standards
- It is also found that insurance in some countries either does not cover certain procedures like orthopedic surgeries (such as knee/hip replacement) or imposes unreasonable restrictions on the choice of facility, surgeon, or prosthetics to be used.
Reproductive tourism and reproductive outsourcing, is also gaining popularity worldwide. This is the practice of traveling abroad to undergo in-vitro fertilization, surrogate pregnancy and other assisted reproductive technology treatments including freezing embryos for retro-production.
The medical procedures gaining popularity with respect to health care tourism are,
- Heart Surgeries
- Orthopedic Surgeries including (Knee/Hip Replacement and Bone marrow Surgeries)
- Dental Surgeries
- Eye Surgeries
- Cosmetic Surgeries.
India's medical tourism industry is expected to experience an annual growth of about 30%, making it a Rs.9,500-crore industry by the year 2015. Estimates of the value of medical tourism in India go as high as $2 billion a year by 2012.
Kerala has been described as one among the top â€œ50 must see locationsâ€ in the world by the National Geographic magazine. Kerala is fast developing into a WORLD -CLASS health care destination owing to its advantageous position in the field of latest medical technologies, the presence of medical professionals who are second to none, lesser waiting time and affordable cost.
Meet our Medical Tourism Coordinator
Advantages for medical tourists coming to India, especially Kerala, include
- Reduced costs (just one-tenth or less)
- Availability of latest, state-of-the art medical technologies and hospitals and health care facilities of international standard.
- Growing compliance on international quality standards
- Less language barrier, compared to other Indian States
Medical tourists coming to Kerala can not only undergo the medical procedures successfully and economically, but also have a wonderful vacation in one of world's most sought-after destinations - "God's Own Country".
The varied specialty Treatment and Services offered by Sunrise Hospital include,
Focus on Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Medicine and General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Infertility (IVF)
- Cardiology, Cardio-thoracic and Micro-vascular Surgery
- Pediatrics and Developmental Pediatrics
- Neonatology and NICU
- Dental, Maxillofacial, Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstruction Surgery
- Orthopedics, Orthopedic Surgery and Physiotherapy
- Urology, Andrology and Nephrology
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- ENT and Ophthalmology
- Medical and Surgical Oncology
Health Care Packages and Insurance cover
Our Comprehensive Cardiac Health Check-up and other health care Packages provide ample opportunities for you to ensure prevention of health hazards and make timely corrections. SUNRISE HEART FOUNDATION at Sunrise Hospital is a recognized provider for various national and multinational insurance packages.