Department of Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery is a surgical speciality in Medicine that focuses on the surgical repair of defects of form or function of any of the parts of the human body. This specialty is further classified into two sub-specialties namely, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery. Reconstructive Plastic Surgery corrects structural and functional defects whereas Cosmetic Surgery is more restricted to the enhancement of appearance of any of the parts of the body through medical and surgical procedures.
Our well equipped Department of Plastic Surgery and Microvascular Surgery is capable of performing all types of surgical procedures, both reconstructive as well as cosmetic in nature. With our world-class operation theaters and other vital life-saving equipment on stand by, we are ready round the clock, to meet all types of medical emergencies that may require plastic surgical procedures.
Treatments and Procedures
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery for managing deformities as a result of
- Traumatic injuries, such as facial bone fractures.
- Congenital abnormalities, such as cleft lip, or cleft palate
- Developmental abnormalities
- Infection or disease
- Removal of cancers or tumors, such as a mastectomy for breast cancer, head and neck cancer and abdominal invasion by a colon cancer.
- Abdominal etching, or Ab etching, is used to contour and shape the abdominal fat pad to provide you with a flat stomach.
- Abdominoplasty (or "tummy tuck") reshaping and firming of the abdomen
- Blepharoplasty (or "eyelid surgery") Reshaping of the eyelids or the application of permanent eyeliner, including Asian blepharoplasty
- Gynecomastia Correction
- Breast augmentation This can involve either fat grafting, saline or silicone gel prosthetics.
- Breast reduction Removal of skin and glandular tissue
- Breast lift (Mastopexy) Lifting or reshaping of breasts to make them less saggy, often after weight loss (after a pregnancy, for example). It involves removal of breast skin as opposed to glandular tissue.
- Buttock Augmentation Enhancement of the buttocks
- Chemical peel Minimizing the appearance of acne, pock, and other scars as well as wrinkles.
- Rhinoplasty Reshaping of the nose
- Otoplasty (or ear surgery) Reshaping of the ear.
- Rhytidectomy (or "face lift") Removal of wrinkles and signs of aging from the face.
- Suction-Assisted Lipectomy (or liposuction) Removal of fat from the body
- Chin augmentation
- Cheek augmentation
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Male Pectoral Implant
Facilities we offer in brief
Hand and Micro Vascular Surgery
- Includes Re-plantation/ Re-vascularisation, Free Flap Surgery, Peripheral Nerve Repair/ Reconstruction, Second Toe Transfer.
- Abdominoplasty, Body Contouring Surgery (SAL), Augmentation/ Reduction Mammolasty, Rhinoplasty, Scar Revision, Correction of Gynecomastia
General Plastic Surgery
- Correction of Congenital and Post Traumatic Defects, Skin Grafting (PTSG and WSG) Flap Surgery
- All types of Burn Wounds. Post Burn Contracture Correction