Department of Patient Relations
The Patient Relations Department at SUNRISE HOSPITAL provides services for patients and their families to help them have a positive experience at SUNRISE HOSPITAL. Our Patient Relations Dept. staff serve as liaisons between patients/families and their caregivers, working to achieve the highest level of patient satisfaction.
The morning after a patient is admitted, a volunteer from Patient Relations will contact the patient and explain services that are available to the patient and his or her family.
- Assists in the communication process between patients/families and healthcare providers and, if needed, assists in navigating hospital systems.
- Strives to improve the overall care experience of patients and families.
- Provides feedback to staff about patient issues and concerns.
- Educates staff and patients about patient rights and responsibilities.
- Ambassador services at information desks and family waiting lounges.
- Liaison between staff, patients and their families.
- Community education sessions.
Problems or Concerns
If problems or concerns arise that cannot be resolved by the patient's caregiver, a patient representative is available to listen and respond to patient/family questions, comments or concerns. Patient representatives facilitate communication between patients, family members and the patient's caregivers to address these issues.
Concerns may include quality of care, access to information, staff communication and other issues. Patient representatives personally respond to patient and family concerns, and recommend solutions to problems, all with the utmost confidentiality. We work closely with other departments and staff to achieve this goal.
Should a concern about your experience arise, we first suggest, if possible, you discuss your concern with the involved parties. If the concern remains unresolved, please contact Patient Relations Department and we will assist you to sort-out the issue / attend your grievance. Your discussions with Patient Relations staff members are confidential and will not negatively affect your care.
To call Patient Relations Dept. from inside the hospital, dial 9 from the intercom telephone available in your room and get the Manager-Patient Relations through telephone department at SUNRISE HOSPITAL, Kakkanad.
Office Hours: Monday-Saturday , 9.30 a.m - 7.00 p.m